Dreamcasting: Adaptations #14 - The Christmas Story (closes Dec 23rd)

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
That's right, I'm bringing Christmas to this game. In honor of my personal favorite holiday, Evolutionmas, I beg you to dreamcast the best Christmas Film that is played in a 24 hour marathon.

Copy and pasted rules from previous round:

1. The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2. Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3. After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4. The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next roun

THE CHRISTMAS STORY!

Wikipedia Link

You need to cast:

The Narrator - The Old Ralphie Parker recounting a special Christmas
Ralphie Parker - As a kid
Mr Parker, aka The Old Man - The father that is never named
Mrs. Parker - You'll shot your eye out!
Randy Parker - Ralphie's younger brother
Flick - Ralphie's friend who sticks his tongue to the pole
Scut Farkus - The local bully
Miss Shields - The teacher who will not be bribed
Santa Claus - The mythical man

You can also cast whomever else you want, but you need this core cast of people.

Re: Dreamcasting: Adaptations #14 - The Christmas Story (closes Dec 23th)

This ought to be good.

Re: Dreamcasting: Adaptations #14 - The Christmas Story (closes Dec 23th)

TRAILER FOR LANGSTA'S CAST:

On December 23rd, 2007, prepare to re-live the magic.

A tribute to the original, traditional, one-hundred-percent, red-blooded, two-fisted, All-American Christmas movie.

A CHRISTMAS STORY

A CHRISTMAS STORY

Ralphie Parker - Paulie Litt (young) / Morgan Freeman (old)
Once described by Regis Philbin as a 40-year-old caught in an 8-year-old's body, Paulie Litt is playing Spritle Racer in the upcoming movie Speed Racer. I don't care that Morgan Freeman is black and several decades older than Paulie Litt. I love the man's voice.
MorganFreeman.jpg

Mr. Parker - John Goodman
43174520_ebf19ba4e1_m.jpg
pops.jpg

Mrs. Parker - Sally Field
SallyField.jpg

Randy Parker - ????

Flick - Josh Flitter
This kid is so annoying and he's playing Ace Ventura Jr. much to my dismay.
stuffidk023.jpg

Miss Shields - ????

Scut Farkus - ????

Santa Claus - Samuel L. Jackson
pulp_fiction_sam.jpg

Last edited:
The Narrator – Morgan Freeman – I think he has a nice friendly sounding voice that would give a nice warm feeling to the story , with out been too bold or fancy feeling to it so everyone can think "this sounds like my father reading me a story"

Ralphie Parker -Tyler James Williams – Before anyone why I changed the character to been black it's because I really really loved my Morgan Freeman cast. The Narrator appears as an adult version of Ralphie so I had to change it.

That said Tyler James Williams is a good actor , might be a little older than the character was but he plays a great victim in "Everybody hates chris" who gets bullyed seems the perfect casting.

Mr Parker, aka The Old Man -James Avery – I loved him as Uncle phil on fresh prince. I think he would suit this as an over baring tough father but he can also play the nice side if he needs to. So he is my pick for father.

Mrs. Parker – Mo'Nique – I've seen her in the Parkers (ironic due to the name of character) and I think hearing her say You'll shoot your eye out. Would be funny as for the character I think she can play her well as well as have great scenes with James Avery

Randy Parker – Khamani Griffin – From "All of us" I think this kid is a good child actor something I can not normally cast but for this movie I had to as I think he would be a great little brother for Tyler James Williams's character

Flick -Paul Butcher – from Zoe 101 he plays a funny little dumb character , in this I think his talent in that would really work out and he seems to be of a similar age to Tyler James Williams that it would be cool.

Scut Farkus – Drake Bell – In Drake & Josh he plays a cocky ******* basically but nicer. He is old so it makes sense to have him bullying the little kids and if he could play the character like he did on Drake & Josh but more serious and less like I think he could be a bully we would hate.

Miss Shields – Elizabeth Berkley – In saved by the bell she played a the moral character , now that's she older If she played the character like she did Jessie , I would buy her as a teacher and one who would not be bribed as description said.

Santa Claus – Dan Aykroyd – It's Dan Aykroyd who for the most part is best known as Ray in ghostbusters , Ray was a loveable character. Santa needs to be loveable but also kind and warm with a hint of intelligence like Dan Aykroyd

Damn someone else used my Morgan Freeman pick and pic , When I was doing cast no had responded , In case anyone thinks I stole the choice

Last edited:
The Narrator – Morgan Freeman – I think he has a nice friendly sounding voice that would give a nice warm feeling to the story , with out been too bold or fancy feeling to it so everyone can think "this sounds like my father reading me a story"

Ralphie Parker -Tyler James Williams – Before anyone why I changed the character to been black it's because I really really loved my Morgan Freeman cast. The Narrator appears as an adult version of Ralphie so I had to change it.

That said Tyler James Williams is a good actor , might be a little older than the character was but he plays a great victim in "Everybody hates chris" who gets bullyed seems the perfect casting.

Mr Parker, aka The Old Man -James Avery – I loved him as Uncle phil on fresh prince. I think he would suit this as an over baring tough father but he can also play the nice side if he needs to. So he is my pick for father.

Mrs. Parker – Mo'Nique – I've seen her in the Parkers (ironic due to the name of character) and I think hearing her say You'll shoot your eye out. Would be funny as for the character I think she can play her well as well as have great scenes with James Avery

Randy Parker – Khamani Griffin – From "All of us" I think this kid is a good child actor something I can not normally cast but for this movie I had to as I think he would be a great little brother for Tyler James Williams's character

Flick -Paul Butcher – from Zoe 101 he plays a funny little dumb character , in this I think his talent in that would really work out and he seems to be of a similar age to Tyler James Williams that it would be cool.

Scut Farkus – Drake Bell – In Drake & Josh he plays a cocky ******* basically but nicer. He is old so it makes sense to have him bullying the little kids and if he could play the character like he did on Drake & Josh but more serious and less like I think he could be a bully we would hate.

Miss Shields – Elizabeth Berkley – In saved by the bell she played a the moral character , now that's she older If she played the character like she did Jessie , I would buy her as a teacher and one who would not be bribed as description said.

Santa Claus – Dan Aykroyd – It's Dan Aykroyd who for the most part is best known as Ray in ghostbusters , Ray was a loveable character. Santa needs to be loveable but also kind and warm with a hint of intelligence like Dan Aykroyd

You're doing a black version of A Christmas Story? That's genius!

Damn someone else used my Morgan Freeman pick and pic , When I was doing cast no had responded , In case anyone thinks I stole the choice

My Freeman pick makes more sense with your cast anyways.

Last edited:
You're doing a black version of A Christmas Story? That's genius!

I didn't intend too :lol: but I loved my pick of Morgan Freeman as the Narrator , the Narrator is the adult version of the kid so I didn't want my kid to be white then grow up to be black and be like "How did that happen?" So I worked my cast around him

Mole, that is probably one of your bests casts.

Good job

Thanks dude

Last edited:
yeah mole, i actually like it too...

also i dont know if youve seen it, but santa clause is a drunken mall santa who is actually a terror to the children, not exactly a loveable character.... i think aykroyd could do it, but you may want to keep that in mind in case you want to recast that role.

also i dont know if youve seen it, but santa clause is a drunken mall santa who is actually a terror to the children, not exactly a loveable character.... i think aykroyd could do it, but you may want to keep that in mind in case you want to recast that role.

That is true , he the one who destroys the kids dream of getting a toy gun. However I think the loveable part needs to be done. It allows extra scenes with santa early on.

Also Santa needs to look like santa , Then when he turns in to the impatient nasty santa Dan Aykroyd could pull it off I have no doubt about that it would make us think what the kid thinks "why is santa turned like this?" which sure we understand but we need to buy him as nice santa to make nasty santa all that more dream crushing.

I'll keep Dan Aykroyd , and thanks dude Glad you like my cast

Every year a channel on tv will play it 24 hours straight. I personally never really got into it but its definitely a classic over here.
Well.

I won't begrudge that.

But personally, I'd rather do A Christmas Carol. I read it every year.

Well.

I won't begrudge that.

But personally, I'd rather do A Christmas Carol. I read it every year.

A Christmas Carol has been redone so many times it no longer matters.

Hell, I did it with Law & Order: UC

I want to see James Avery in more things.

Not sure I've heard of it....

...unless of course you mean A Christmas Story.

Oh, sorry, how dare I mix up insignificant details like Articles?

My bad.

Latest posts

Back