Marvel Announces Ultimate FF #13 Sketch Variant Cover

E

Excelsior Club
Marvel has announced that it will release a variant Adam Kubert sketch cover to Ultimate Fantastic Four #13, due in stores on November 24th.

The new cover -- one of the only Sketch Variant Covers in the history of the Ultimate Universe -- displays the talent of artist-extraordinaire Adam Kubert, who is teaming up with celebrated writer Warren Ellis to take on Ultimate Fantastic Four, one of comicdom's hottest titles!

Kubert has already proven himself on Ultimate Fantastic Four -- in the series' earliest issues -- and is renowned for his work on numerous other Marvel titles, including Ultimate X-Men, Incredible Hulk, and Wolverine! Ellis, meanwhile, is best known for his hard-hitting (not to mention award-winning) work on DC Comics/Vertigo's Transmetropolitan, and DC/WildStorm's Planetary and The Authority. Furthermore, his current run on Ultimate Fantastic Four has been consistently found in the highest ranks of Diamond's Top Comics charts, proving just how popular he is with True Believers. Together, these two comic megastars should take Ultimate FF from red hot to white hot!

Their first issue together, Ultimate Fantastic Four #13, details the beginning of the Fantastic Four's exploration of the mysterious N Zone. Young Reed Richards wants to duplicate the accident that changed the four into the bizarre beings they've become and thereby reverse the process. But will Reed's noble attempts at redress cause more harm than good?

Both Ultimate Fantastic Four #13 and the Sketch Variant Cover are scheduled to arrive in stores on November 24, with the Variant carrying an FOC date of November 11 -- there are only limited quantities of the Variant available and some allocations may occur, so order your copies today!

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20964

Why is Marvel doing all these sketch covers. I thought that Marvel said that their was going to be no more variant covers. At all when Joe and Bill took over.

Goodwill said:
It costs less money to have some copies without color, am I right?

No. It's only the cover and it's not completely without color; just the art.

And I'm pretty sure the variant is ordered outright by itself, not as an incentive.

I think variants are good for comic books. I look in Wizard, and variants are all $100+. Look at the multiple Ultimate Spider-Man #1 covers. Most of them are above regular price.

And referring to that Ult. FF #13 variant: I wannit!

DammitMischief said:
I think variants are good for comic books. I look in Wizard, and variants are all $100+. Look at the multiple Ultimate Spider-Man #1 covers. Most of them are above regular price.

And referring to that Ult. FF #13 variant: I wannit!

I tend to agree. I certainly don't think they're bad for comics.

I'll be picking this up too.

Latest posts

Back