Robotech - live action movie

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Not really news at this time but I couldn't find a thread for it.

WB has acquired the rights for a live action Robotech movie and Tobey Maguire is interested in playing the lead role:

TORONTO -- After slipping on a mask for Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire might be slipping into a giant robot for "Robotech."

After a lengthy negotiation, Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the rights to bring anime classic "Robotech," which featured giant robots known as mechas, to the big screen. Maguire is producing through his Maguire Entertainment banner and is eyeing the lead role in what the studio plans on being a tentpole sci-fi franchise.

"We are very excited to bring 'Robotech' to the big screen," Maguire said. "There is a rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film."

Full story.

I think this could be great. The franchise has all possibilities of being great, especially after Transformers.

None of you know them, you *******s. Plus - it has to be 15 actors. Big one. I should just do it for fun.

None of you know them, you *******s. Plus - it has to be 15 actors. Big one. I should just do it for fun.
I know who teh Visionaries ARE! They are the Knights of the Magical Light!

I'm surprised an internet humor meme of made up Visionaries hasn't been popularized in which people make patently absurd Visionaries with similarly stupid mantra-rhymes.

I would love a Robotech film. Especially, with how well the CGI and tranformations were handled in the current "Transformers" film (despite how much I disliked the film).

Although the idea of Tobey Macguire in it has me apprehensive. He's a good actor....in roles tailored for his abilities. But those abilities do not include action-superstar.

Wait, I'm not sure how this is meant to play out... Is the SDF going to be part of some "post national" effort, with a transcultural crew of hot shot mecha pilots? I don't mean to sound all Langsta, but I'm wondering how much of the casting will be "race blind".

Latest posts

Back